Crock-pot Pork Chops w/Gravy
Whenever someone thinks of the “eating healthy” they automatically think of eating chicken. I get SO sick of chicken. I don’t know why diets put so much emphasis on chicken. Yea it’s great for you, but there are so many other alternatives. Pork is one of my favorites, it has SO much flavor and is easy to cook. I love this recipe it takes seconds to throw together, cooks all day, and is ready when you are. My kids love the gravy over mashed potatoes and I love to eat the pork chop on top of a GIANT salad. Family friendly, healthy, and taste bud worthy, score. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 8 lean pork chops
- 1/2 C. soy sauce
- 1 C. sliced mushrooms
- 1 t. pepper
- 1/4 C. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 med. onion, sliced
- 2 t. garlic salt
- 2 t. parsley
- 1. (Optional) Brown chops in sauce pan on each side. Place pork chops in crock pot. Chop onions and mushrooms, lay over pork chops.
- 2. mix the rest of ingredients in bowl and pour over pork chops.
- 2. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or 1 hour at 350 in oven.
- Note: After baking I remove the chops and strain gravy. The gravy is included in nutrition stats so if you want to cut calories cut out grav.
1. What is your favorite source of protein?
2. What are you having for dinner?
3. Are you going to try this recipe?????