1. Have a plan-look up nutrition stats before you go, so you know exactly what to get.
2. Have a snack before (100 cals).
- apple (my fave)
- handful of almonds
- glass of milk
- baby carrots
3. Moderation is Key!
- Chili’s has a Guiltless Grill, but that doesn’t mean that everything is low in calories and fat free! Still be careful! Order Guiltless Cedar Plank Tilapia
- TIPS: Request no butter, seasoning, oil, etc. Ask for Salsa and fresh lemon to squeeze on top
- 6” Turkey Breast Sandwich
- TIPS: Request wheat bread (but only eat the bottom bun), no mayo, mustard, lots of veggies!
- Oven Roasted Chicken Salad
- Grilled Chicken Salad
- TIPS: Request request light rice, Black beans, whole wheat tortilla, no chips, get EXTRA Pico and lettuce, no dressing or no more than 1 TB.
- Grilled Chicken Taco (just order one)
- TIPS: Request no rice, no cheese, light on the black beans, lots of lettuce, and salsa.
- Go online before you go to Outback. You can actually create your own meal online and see all the nutritional information!
- SMALL Grilled Ahi Tuna off the Appetizer Menu
- TIPS: Request no butter, seasoning, oil etc. Ask for fresh lemon wedges to squeeze on top
- Order a Side Salad with Salsa
- TIPS: Request no dressing, croutons, or cheese. Also order a side of steamed veggies but request no seasoned butter.
- Grilled Shrimp off of the Starters menu.
- TIPS: Ask for salsa and fresh lemon wedges to squeeze on top. *order a side house salad and salsa to the side for dressing (no croutons, cheese, olives. Request extra green veggies and tomatoes)
- Basic Grilled chicken salad.
- TIPS: Cut the bacon, cheese, and croutons. Ask for the Low fat ranch to be on the side. Request an extra cup of salsa for dressing. Squeeze on fresh lemon and lime wedges.
- Check out their Weight Watchers menu. Each item labeled weight watchers lists calorie content.
- Cajun-seasoned tilapia fillet topped with lime juice and black bean & corn salsa. Served on a bed of rice pilaf with a side of seasonal vegetables.
- TIP: have them cut the rice pilaf in half, black bean and corn salsa served to the side. Request fish to be grilled, and with light seasoning. Request salsa to the side and extra steamed veggies.
- Order grilled chicken sandwich, no sauces. Ask for extra pickle, lettuce, and tomato.
- Order any grilled chicken salad
- Use ½ packet of their Newman’s balsamic vinaigrette.
- Order a baked potato and cup of chili (my favorite)
- Order a side salad and add your chicken breast w/ low fat balsamic vinaigrette.
- Order a Premium Caesar Salad w/ Grilled Chicken. Do not eat the croutons. Order low fat Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Any of the “light smoothies”, my favorite is the Berry Fulfilling.
- TIP: If your getting it as a meal replacement I usually add a side of granola.
- Always add protein powder as your supplement
- TIPS: Stay away from Sushi w/ heavy sauces or fried rolls. Go light on the soy sauce or none at all. Sushi has more white rice than you think in one roll! There are great rice less rolls! Order Edamame with no salt.